Friday, September 30, 2011

Felt Flower Wreath for Fall!

This post is inspired by the FALL weather we are finally getting this weekend here in North Florida! Perfect park, football, and festival weather! Ahhhh, I love it.

I saw an idea for a wreath like this on Pinterest.com and wanted to give it a try. I'll go ahead and show you my finished product:

All you need is:
Felt - your choice of color
1 Grapevine wreath
Hot glue gun

I found the tutorial for making the felt flowers over a great blog called Little Things Bring Smiles. Here's a sample picture and the link: http://www.littlethingsbringsmiles.com/2010/12/felt-fun.html

Simply put, I made up a slew of little felt flowers in various styles, and hot glued them to the wreath. I will tell you making all of these little flowers will take some time, but it's one of the EASIEST projects you'll ever try. This is a great project to do with your kids too. My daughter is 7, and she loved helping "roll" up the flowers.

Side note - I made some little hair clips with the left over flowers. Glued them to alligator clips, and then glued a little rhinestone in the middle. Took all of 1 minute and they are precious!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've got all my Christmas fabrics out and ready for some crafts. I'll put one of these on my list.

    ReplyDelete