Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome to OCTOBER!

I'm so thrilled for October for a number of reasons. First of all, this is the first cool weather weekend we've had in Jacksonville and it's perfect for cookouts, days at the park, festivals and football! I'm also excited because it will be a month full of "firsts" for me! Last night was my first time tailgating at UF (for 6 hours!) before the Gator game and it was NUTS. I think there were more people down there than a day at Disney. We had a BLAST! well...except for the part about us getting our rear ends handed to us. That kinda sucked.

Next up on the list of "firsts" We are going to see DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE!! I've been listening to this band for a while now and I've never had a chance to catch them live! I'm so excited! I may I also mention that the lead singer, Ben Gibbard, is married to Zooey Deschanel.. who is equally talented, fantastic and beautiful. Anyway, their music and lyrics are truly phenomenal. I don't want to say they're geniuses, but.... 


One of my BFF's little girl is having her first birthday on the 15th! Very excited about that since this is her first child. It's fun to watch my friends enjoy parenthood for the first time. 

Finally we are closing the month out with ZAC BROWN BAND!! Now, I'm not a massive country music fan, but I do like some of it. My husband turned me on to this band last year and I'm hooked. Looking forward to checking them out in concert for the first time!


Also wanted to mentioned it's Breast Cancer Awareness month. This effects SO many women every day, every year. So ladies, please keep an eye on those Ta-tas regularly! Early detection can save your life! 


2 comments:

  1. Obviously, you have excellent taste! Hope to see you at one of the concerts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! obviously! We are "two peas in a pod" tee hee

    ReplyDelete