Saturday, October 15, 2011

UPcycled Tin Can Vase

If you're like me, you have tons of empty tin cans around the house that have been de-labeled and washed out. I can't ever bring myself to throw them away because I know there are tons of super cute tin can craft projects out there.... like the one I tried tonight. Which by the way takes 10-15 minutes to make and it's so easy!

You'll need:
 a tin can, label peeled off and inside completely cleaned out. (mine came from a can of black beans)
ruler
scrap paper
spray adhesive
ribbon
(you can use buttons, rhinestones, etc..)





With your ruler, measure the height of the can. Then mark off your scrapbook paper and cut out your rectangle. I just eyeballed the diameter. You can always trim a little down, if once you wrap the paper around the can and find it's a little too long.


Once you have your paper cut out, spray a thin layer of the adhesive on the back, then carefully wrap the paper around the tin can, pressing it down gently. There isn't much room for error, because this spray adhesive gets super sticky.

















At this point, you can really use anything your heart desires to finish decorating your vase. For this one, I chose ribbon. Just measure out ribbon, spray the back with the adhesive and carefully wrap around the can pressing down gently. 









To jazz it up a bit, I cut out a butterfly image from the left over piece of scrapbook paper, sprayed the back with adhesive and affixed it to the front of my face. Added a few fresh cut flowers from the garden and here is the finished product!

If you're going handmade this Christmas for your friends and family..  it doesn't get much cuter and inexpensive than this! Have fun!!

1 comment: