Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DIY Apothecary Jars

This is an adorable, easy DIY project with endless possibilities. AND it only cost me about $6 to make. Of course, I saw this on Pinterest and had to try it right away! I went to the dollar store and grabbed a few glass candlesticks and various shaped glass jars. (ex. a few medium sized glass candle holders and an actual drinking glass!)  I used E6000 glue and some Ivory matte spray paint



First, I spray painted the glass candlesticks. This is optional and you can do any color you want. (I did a few coats, letting them dry in between each)





Once the paint was dry, I simply used my E6000 glue and coated the rim of the top of the candlestick and set the glass jar on top, aligning it so that is was centered. 



Once the glue is dried. You are done!! You can put anything you want in them. Candy, corks, ribbon, Christmas ornaments. Use them in your bathroom and put your make-up brushes, Q-tips, etc inside. Again, the possibilities are endless. 



HAVE FUN!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment